Florida City Taekwondo Club Medals in Regional Championships
Nine Florida City youth competed on April 1st in the AAU Taekwondo Gold Coast District Competition in Miami Springs.
If you place in the top eight in any division during one of the over 40+ qualifiers that will be conducted across the country during the 2017 competition year, then you will be- eligible to compete in the 2017 AAU Taekwondo Nationals, Ft. Lauderdale, FL (July 3rd- July 8th)weekend in the they brought along seven other friends who all qualified to compete in the 2017 national championship this coming July
- Casey Jo Ramos, 8yrs old, first place
- Anaisha Moreno, 9yrs old, first place - ,- Zackary Simmons, 7yrs old first place - Alexandra Moreno, 10yrs old,
- Tracy Ramos Jr., 13yrs old, 2nd place - Jeremiah Rivera, 9yrs old, 3rd place
- Timothy Simmonite, 8yrs old, 3rd place.
- Anthony Minnis, 9yrs old, 4th place
- Julien Hernandez, 8yrs old, 4th place
This qualifies all of them to compete in this year's national championship for Olympic sparring. Seven of the nine kids have only been training for three months with the coaching of Tracy Ramos Senior and Jessie Moreno, student coach.
Tracy Ramos Junior trained 10 years in Los Angeles California with grandmaster Jong Oh Chung. It gives the Ramos family great pleasure to bring the Taekwondo martial arts to his hometown of Florida City.
Training focus’ on honor and respect first and the art of fighting second.
Coach Tracy Ramos Sr. is a 1998 California Chong Hyo gold-medal champion in Taekwondo. That same year he also was the Gracie jujitsu champion.