UPCOMING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITY
- Resuming the week of February 10, the contractor is scheduled to perform drainage work on the west side of Krome Avenue between NW 21 Street and SW 296 ST. In the meantime, the contractor continues verifying utility locations in this area. Travel lanes have been shifted to the east side of the road.
ONGOING CONSTRUCTION ACTIVITIES
Monday, February 10 through Saturday, February 15, 2020
Setting up work zones, drainage and lighting work along Krome Avenue between SW 312 Street and SW 232 Street
- Continuing to establish work zones throughout the corridor.
- Installing drainage structures during on Krome Avenue along the west side of Krome Avenue from SW 248 Street to SW 232 Street and along east side between SW 296 Street to SW 248 Street.
- Performing lighting work throughout the corridor.
- Performing bridge work over the C-103 canal between SW 280 Street and SW 278 Street.
- Continuing with tree relocations.
- Permanent work zones have been established throughout Krome Avenue. One northbound and one southbound lane will remain open on Krome Avenue at all times. Traffic shifts will be used to maintain the flow of traffic. Please use caution as construction vehicles may be entering and exiting the work zones during daytime and nighttime hours.
- Temporary lane closures may be used to repair the safety poles in the middle of the roadway. Flaggers will be used to help direct motorists.