Join us for the third annual Great Gatsby Gala, a benefit for the Friends of the Historic Seminole Theatre. At our gala, we will celebrate all the events that have happened so far, as well as announce future plans. You will be treated to a full night of entertainment including dinner, cocktails, entertainment from special guests, and the chance to fundraise by bidding on some exclusive opportunities only available at our gala.
The Seminole Theatre is not only an important historic fixture for the City of Homestead, but now operates as the premier Performing Arts Center for the area, drawing artists of national and international acclaim while also showcasing local artists.
The Friends of the Historic Seminole Theatre traveled the long road to have the building restored and renovated, capping off the success with a grand re-opening in December of 2015. Now, "The Friends" are responsible for the continued maintenance and improvement of the theater, as well as supporting community based programming. In a short amount of time, The Friends have already been responsible for:
- Installing and supporting the "Artist in the Spotlight" program, allowing local visual artists to showcase in the Seminole Theatre lobby, supported by a free bi-monthly open house.
- Supporting over 3000 at-need youth and families to attend professional performances at the Seminole Theatre.
- After the Seminole Theatre's resident theatre company, the Seminole Theatre Players, started, the theatre has put on widely successful shows like Hairspray, In the Heights, Annie, AIDA, and the Little Mermaid, featuring South Florida's finest performers. The Seminole Theatre Players Junior have also put on sold out performances of Lion King Jr and Aladdin Jr, and will soon perform Legally Blonde Jr this Spring.
- Supporting scholarships for Camp Seminole, a summer musical theater conservatory program.
Come find out more about The Friends and the Seminole Theatre at our Annual Gala, a celebration of the past, present and future, and help us fundraise to allow for even more arts and culture in our community.
Seating is limited, please register or RSVP.
Cocktails from 6:30 pm to 7:30 pm. Dinner to follow with Entertainment.
Red Carpet or Roaring 20's Attire
The Seminole Theatre 18 N Krome Ave, Homestead, FL 33030
$175 per Couple / $100 per Single
Please RSVP to the Friends of the Historic Seminole Theatre
Space is limited
Checks and Credit Cards accepted
Tickets and information are also available at the Seminole Theatre box office, 786-650-2073 or at 18 N Krome Ave, Homestead, FL. The box office is open Tuesday-Saturday 12:00-6:00 pm.
- Occurred Friday, March 6th, 2020 @ 6:30 pm
Seminole Theatre18 N. Krome Ave
Homestead, FL 33030